Re: hot air hose on 80 spit

To: drcarey@us.ibm.com
Subject: Re: hot air hose on 80 spit
From: John Weale <jweale@eskimo.com>
Date: Fri, 12 May 2000 09:28:05 -0700 (PDT)
My Spit spent a happy year without that annoying little air restriction on
it (then I moved to smog inspected CA... haven't got around to taking it
off again yet).  I would/did/will again happily go without it and the temp
compensator.  But be sure to keep track of it incase your car ever sees
smog inspection from a knowledgable inspector (not that I've found one who
could even figure out how to open the bonnet yet)(a good thing since I
suspect my EGR is quite dead). And, as far as I could tell, the hose from
Moss is the same diameter on both ends.

On the 1980 Spit theme, could you or a fellow '80 owner peak under the
hood and give me a hint where the temp gauge to temp sensor wire
originates from?  I know where it goes, but the last trip to the garage
(60 miles away or else I'd pop in and ask them) the wire utterly
disappeared.  Any hints on where to look -- the fire wall bundle feeding
the coil, the bundle going to the electric fan, drivers side/passenger
side, etc. would be appreciated.  I know there is a plug dangling
somewhere, how come I can't find it -- it's not /that/ big an engine
compartment!

Thanks,
John
1980 "British Racing Orange" Spitfire