Finally...

To: <spitfires@autox.team.net>
Subject: Finally...
From: "Stephen Hall" <shall@fastpointcom.com>
Date: Sat, 6 May 2000 22:55:10 -0400
I finally went and picked up the '70 Spitfire I purchased today. Had
it towed home on a flatbed just in case... Once I gave it a look over,
I started her up and drove up and down the driveway a few times (we
have a long driveway).... Ahhh, what a wonderful feeling! The steering
was tight, acceleration smooth, and no noises from the transmission!
Unfortunately, I can't register it until Monday. Some minor problems
with the top not meeting the windows correctly and the windows not
wanting to meet the windscreen correctly. Something I'll need to play
around with, and I have  a feeling the current top does not belong on
this car. All in all, I think I've gotten an incredibly good deal. By
the way, the car also came with an extra bonnet, rear end assembly, a
couple of doors, and a hard top!!!

Steve Hall