RE: Virus warning - EXTREMELY DANGEROUS VIRUS

To: "'Richard Bonilla / Colorado'" <richard@bonilla.com>,
Subject: RE: Virus warning - EXTREMELY DANGEROUS VIRUS
From: "Gascoigne, Andy" <Andy.Gascoigne@gov.ky>
Date: Thu, 4 May 2000 10:07:18 -0500
Absolutely - it seems to damage several file extensions... and copies itself
to many different file formats (.jpg, .vxd, .doc, .mp3) and modifies the PC
registry, appending itself to all further commands (file open, run, print
etc etc) thereby rendering the PC virtually useless !

It seems to be streaking across the globe, right now. We had it this morning
and have removed those machines from our network, they are so badly damaged.
Unfortunatly it is the foolish ones who can't resist opening any attachment.

Best form of virus defence = common sense

Andy Gascoigne
Systems Manager
Cayman Islands Government