Re: To pollute or not to pollute?

To: spitfires@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: To pollute or not to pollute?
From: Barry Schwartz <bschwart@pacbell.net>
Date: Fri, 31 Mar 2000 07:25:45 -0800
>       1.  Stop the oil spill on the engine
>       2.  Maximize my engine's performance
***************************************
The correct, and properly functioning emission valve (PVC type) will NOT
effect engine performance in the least and WILL prevent oil vapors from
being pressurized and squirting out all manner of orifices - This is one of
those misnomers that gets slung around from time to time, from individuals
not really familiar with what these devices actually do, and figure that
just taking every thing off will help performance.    Correctly installed
PVC valves will not hurt performance, and only help with the control of oil
fumes which used to just be vented to the atmosphere via a draught tube
that actually sucked the vapors out when the car was at speed.  These are
the old vehicles that when idled for a while static, would smell of
slightly burned oil -  Do yourself a favor, and reinstall the valve
correctly.  While not a "tree hugger" myself, I'm not a adamant advocate of
polluting either.  you'll be doing yourself a favor, as well as actually
helping the environment WITHOUT hurting performance to boot!  Can't really
beat that can you??

72 PI, V6 Spitfire (daily driver)
70 GT6+ (when I don't drive the Spit)
70 Spitfire (long term project)