About Threads

To: spitfires@autox.team.net
Subject: About Threads
From: Gary Tash <tashg@bmi.net>
Date: Wed, 29 Mar 2000 21:57:50 -0800
First:  I need the flange nut for the output shaft of a J-type OD.
This little thing holding up everything.  Everytime I think I have
tracked one down, it disappears.  The last time was at Victoria British,
after I ordered it they called the next day to say it wasn't in stock.
The local vendors here don't seem to be able to match anything, although
I'm not real confident in their expertise.  Anyone have one around
unused you would part with?
Second:  Can anyone tell me about American vs British threads, and/or
direct me to such information?
--Gary