Re: Oil pan sealant

To: Jeff McNeal <jmcneal@ohms.com>, Spitfire List <spitfires@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Oil pan sealant
From: Carter Shore <clshore@yahoo.com>
Date: Wed, 29 Mar 2000 11:27:57 -0800 (PST)
LM's,
We all have the same basic problem here.
I believe that all the Spitfires use the same oil pan
gasket. What about a group deal to get a good quality
thick reusable die-cut neoprene gasket for this
application?
(Never have to use permatex on the pan again!! Use
monkey snot to glue the permanant gasket to the pan).
Maybe there's even already one out there.
Maybe rocker cover gaskets too while we're at it.

I seem to recall a list member mentioning something
like this maybe a year ago.

Comments, ideas, contributions?

Carter