Another hard luck setback

To: spitfires@autox.team.net
Subject: Another hard luck setback
From: HD50EL@aol.com
Date: Tue, 21 Mar 2000 16:02:23 EST
A while back, I ordered front and rear brake hoses from Wrenchhead.com, and
the front hoses fit just fine, so I didn't bother to compare the new rear
hoses to the old ones. Bad mistake on my part for not doing so. They were
listed as fitting all Spitfires, but guess what, they won't fit mine! They
are for 74 and earlier Spitfires. I guess I'm going to have to buy another
set. And I ran into another problem. I had a Girling wheel cylinder kit that
I've had laying around for a while, and intended to use them on my Spitfire,
well they turned out to be wrong too. They are for the larger wheel cylinders
that are used on the GT6/TR6 cars. Now I have to buy those also, but
fortunately they aren't very expensive. If anybody can use the new hoses,
I'll take $25.00, shipping included, and I'll take $8.00, shipping included
for the wheel cylinder kit. I also found two Girling caliper kits for late
GT6/TR6 cars, and I'll take $10.00 each on those, shipping included. Things
like this make me wonder if my Spitfire, and my Harley are related, because
both are giving me a headache!

John C. Smith
75 Spitfire