Re: LBC prejuduce sure stings

To: "Dean Dashwood" <Dean.Dashwood@enron.com>, <spitfires@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: LBC prejuduce sure stings
From: Laura.G@141.com (Laura Gharazeddine)
Date: Fri, 17 Mar 2000 09:58:46 -0800
Dean wrote:
>It's not just body shops that don't like working on our cars, but keep
looking,
>and you'll find someone that'll be delighted to do the work!

>So if you're having trouble finding people to work on your car, just keep
>looking.  You should eventually find someone who will gladly work on
something
>as beautiful as our cars.  And if you use the same people over and over,
they'll
>realise after the first couple of jobs that you're not going to abandon the
>project and leave them out of pocket, and they'll be happier about taking
on
>bigger jobs.

This is so true! I'm really lucky because I've 'inherited' wonderful people
from
Dave-like Bud the Muffler Guy-who always makes the time and half the time
wont
accept payment!

There are people out there-it just takes a long look! In my case-8 years-but
then
again, I am a woman and there's a very stinging prejudice against women
walking into
a garage and asking-"can you do a valve job on a '77 Spitfire?" First and
foremost-
you're a woman!!! And you have an LBC!!!! And you're not asking them WHAT
they think, but IF they'll do the job!!!!!! Oh my goodness!!!!! Of course we
can't,
lady! And if they do, they're inclined to rip you off-you're just a woman
with an old
LBC, after all!

So, at least you're a guy going around with the car...

Hang in there!

Laura

Vita brevis est: rapide agite, vigore strigate!