Re: LBC prejuduce sure stings... (long)

To: "Patrick Bowen" <pabowen@mediaone.net>, "Jeff McNeal" <jmcneal@ohms.com>
Subject: Re: LBC prejuduce sure stings... (long)
From: Laura.G@141.com (Laura Gharazeddine)
Date: Thu, 16 Mar 2000 17:27:30 -0800
> Jeff, what you have run into is what I call the production shop mentality.
> These shops are production, by that they mean they are basically a get em
> fixed and get em out place so the insurance (guaranteed paycheck) can pay
> them.  The fact that your car is over 30 years old means that almost no
> insurance agency would ever repair a car that old, so they are not used to
> doing them.  It is easier to replace crunched and dented panels than it is
> to fix rust and do a proper complete repaint.  Truth be told, insurance is
> their bread and butter.

Isn't this what I've been talking about? ;-)
And it's the vast majority of mechanics (even the ones who advertise
"Foreign Cars") and shops nowadays.

> There is another type of shop that does this type of work, I forget the
> proper name, lets just say restoration shop.  They tend to be very
> expensive.

They are called restoration shops-and they are expensive. They are people
who are usually masters at what they do. (Most 'production shop' guys
wouldn't
be able to get work in these places-and if they do-they don't last long!)
And they are
very devoted to what they do.

>A proper show quality paint job on one of our cars would
> probably cost in the $2500 to $5000 range

Yep!

>  Will you win concourse with it, probably
> only at really small shows, but it will look really nice to you and your
> friends.  And you will be happy.

And you be able to ENJOY your car more, I think. I have a beautiful
and VERY expensive paint job on Nigel-and I don't always sleep at night
because of it! Not to mention when I go to the grocery store...I could go
on!

> Patrick Bowen
> Square Tail Spit Owner and PROUD of it!!!

All Right Patrick!!!!!

Laura G.-another Square Tail Spit Owner and PROUD of it!!!!

(Would that be St. Sop? )

Vita brevis est: rapide agite, vigore strigate!