Re: AW: OD In 3rd gear?

To: "Kastell, Bjoern" <kastel01@de1.vdogrp.de>, spitfires@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: AW: OD In 3rd gear?
From: "Dean Dashwood" <Dean.Dashwood@enron.com>
Date: Thu, 16 Mar 2000 10:44:07 +0000

Bjoern,

>From your description of "slipping", I'd say this sounds like a clutch problem,
not an overdrive problem.  I don't know what would cause the slippage only in
3rd gear, though.  I've copied this to the list - maybe someone else will be
able to help you here.

As for the gearbox/diff, both of these can be worked on, but I'd never try this
myself, since I'm not a mechanic.  I don't know about diffs, but reconditioned
gearboxes are extremely cheap, and replacing will probably be cheaper (and
certainly easier) than repearing unless you are able to do the repair work
yourself.  Try John Kippings as a good source for a recon gearbox - I've had one
of his gearboxes in my car for nearly a year now, with no problems.

              Enron Capital & Trade Resources Corp.

              From:  "Kastell, Bjoern"
              <kastel01@de1.vdogrp.de>
              15/03/2000 14:11