Lucas Sport Coil and Pertronix Ignitor (QUESTIONS)

To: wizardz <wizardz@maxinter.net>
Subject: Lucas Sport Coil and Pertronix Ignitor (QUESTIONS)
From: Patrick Baize <speedracre@netzero.net>
Date: Fri, 10 Mar 2000 20:11:29 -0600
Paul,
    When you use the Lucas Sport Coil, Are you using the ballast Wire, A
ballast resistor or None?

    My 74 has a pertronix and it is missing. It sputters at Idle and my
timing light shows it miss now and then.

    Big Question is this.  The plate that held the points was connected
to the Distributor Body with a small wire.
Does the pertronix need this wire to be still attached?

THnx Pat
63 Spitfire( points)
74 Spitfire (Sputfire)
68 Chevy C10 (Delco HEI)