Re: Trim Pad Ideas?

To: <Tburke4@aol.com>
Subject: Re: Trim Pad Ideas?
From: "Ree Gurley" <reegurley@mindspring.com>
Date: Mon, 6 Mar 2000 23:21:12 -0600
Tom, I cut out new panels from hardboard (that dark brown stiff 1/8 - 3/16
heavy cardboard stuff).  Put 1/2" foam underneath 32-oz black vinyl,
stapling vinyl to the back of the hardboard.  To dress it up a bit, from an
arts & crafts place (MJ Designs, now taken over by Michaels) I picked up
some 1/2" black eyes used by doll-makers, and put a row of 4 buttons along
the middle of each door.  Looks real decent - not tacky at all, though I no
longer have the carpeted kick-pad.  As Walt suggested, use new clips (the
big 3 sell them by the bag).  Also, you may want to make the holes in your
new hardboard slightly larger than the holes in your pattern (the old warped
piece) - for more jiggling-room of the individual clips to align them
properly with the holes in the doors.  If you go this route, remember that 2
or 3 of your hardboard holes are NOT for clips, but to provide clearance
over/around protruding bolts on the inside of your doors.  Have fun! -----
and patience.  BTW, have enough new hardboard to make 3 panels - if you're
like me, the first one might be screwed up.

Ree Gurley in Silver Spring, MD  -  78 Spit  FM73070U O
(  Latest score:  Rogue Squirrel - 4,  Ree G. - 0  )