74 Is Alive!

To: "Spitfires@autox.team.net" <Spitfires@autox.team.net>
Subject: 74 Is Alive!
From: Patrick Baize <speedracre@netzero.net>
Date: Mon, 06 Mar 2000 19:14:08 -0600
Add another Spitfire to the list of drivable cars!

Today after inspection, I drove the 74 Spit for 51 miles.  It drove very
well.  I even pushed the overdrive button, (Nervously) and boy dod that
thing kick in! dropped my RPM's just like that. Plenty of Pep at 75 MPH
with the overdrive on.   Never had an overdrive before, I can't imagine
not having one now.

Only 2 problems I have. One will be taken care of tomorrow, New
Altenator.  The other was a sympton of no gas. just for a couple of
minutes. I pulled over it idled fine. I took off agian , no problem.
I have decided to get a fuel pump anyway.  Which is better  Mechanical
or electric?

The only other anoiance was the pain in my left shoulder. I found the
top frame to be jabbing me.  Never was the case with my 63. I might have
to make this top like the 63 top.

I start driving it to work tomorrow.  More than 20 mpg is better than 8,
especially when you drive 45 miles every day.

I'll update my Web page next week so y'all can take a peek.

THnx
Pat
63 Spitfoire (next inline)
74 Spitfire ( 51 more miles on it)