RE: Gettin' 'er Fired UP!/ Good as OLD?

To: "'Atwell Haines'" <carbuff@nac.net>
Subject: RE: Gettin' 'er Fired UP!/ Good as OLD?
From: "Banbury, Terrence" <Terrence.Banbury@dnr.state.oh.us>
Date: Mon, 6 Mar 2000 09:26:35 -0500

> Atwell Haines wrote:

        "PS is the air cleaner installed?  If so verify that you got the
gaskets
> right way 'round! (Can't cover up the port for the top of the diaphragm.)

        This is an excellent point.  My new air filters from TRF included
gaskets, however, they were different from the Unipart's the were replacing.
The Unipart gaskets would be correct with either face 'up'; the new ones had
only one hole punched in them, so there is a 'right and a 'wrong' way of
installing them.  I generally, compare old/new parts when doing this kind of
thing the first time....exorcising the DPO.  In this case it was a
difference in recently manufactured parts.

        Terry Banbury
        Mk III