Which grade oil when using an oil cooler?

To: "Spitfire News Group" <spitfires@autox.team.net>
Subject: Which grade oil when using an oil cooler?
From: "Michael T. Altomare" <MTAltomare@Prodigy.net>
Date: Sun, 5 Mar 2000 19:23:12 -0500
I am installing a 13-row oil oil cooler on my '77 1500.  Since I have
an auxiliary electric fan mounted to the front of the radiator, I will
mount the cooler farther forward to just behind the grill.  In the
summer (I live near Atlanta, GA) was planning on using Castrol GTX
20w50 oil like I always do.  In the winter, however, I am considering
using a lower viscosity oil like 10w30 or 10w40 instead to keep the
oil from taking forever to warm up.  Since the cooler is going to be
mounted so far forward, I can't use a cover on it, or it will block
too much airflow from getting to the radiator.

Has anyone else run into something like this.  Any suggestions?

Michael Altomare
'77 Spitfire 1500
Kennesaw, GA