Wiper motors II (are they common to other BL cars?)

To: spitfires <spitfires@autox.team.net>
Subject: Wiper motors II (are they common to other BL cars?)
From: "T. .R. Dafforn" <td214@cam.ac.uk>
Date: Fri, 25 Feb 2000 11:54:17 +0000
Dear all,
Thanks for all the suggestions (many off list) on how to solve my
malfunctioninfg wiper motor...
While talking to the guy at the local Lucas supllier he pointed out in
passing that they were common to a number of british Leyland cars at the
time, with the only difference being the nylon cog size (to give the
different wiper sweeps). Unfortunately I rang off before thinking that
maybe I should ask what cars these were, and then searching the local
breakers yards for those cars...
Does anyone know which BL cars had these motors?
Cheers
Tim

1976 spitfire 1500 (with no wipers, o well I never drive it in the rain
anyway!

--
Tim Dafforn
Structural Medicine