crank pully and gererator

To: "Spitfire List" <spitfires@autox.team.net>
Subject: crank pully and gererator
From: "MikeC" <mikech@sprynet.com>
Date: Wed, 23 Feb 2000 20:49:57 -0700
I've got a 72 1296 cc engine in my 63 Spitfire. I need to know if there is a
smaller crank pulley that will fit the engine.  I'm using the original
generator setup from the 1147 engine and I'm worried about over spinning it
and the old metal fan with the newer and larger pulley.   Sprucing of
generators and fans, does the generator make enough power to run an electric
fan?  The stock metal fan is too loud at high rpm's or should I get one of
the plastic fans that cam with the 72 engine.
MikeC