One Lap Around Great Britain

To: Spitfires@autox.team.net
Subject: One Lap Around Great Britain
From: "R.D. Waid" <msp01091@isd.net>
Date: Wed, 23 Feb 2000 20:12:02 -0500
I've read in a couple places about a UK Triumph event involving a run around the
perimeter of Great Britain, accomplished in a weekend. There was a mention of it
on the list a few days ago but I've accidentally deleted it. I'm interested in
trying to lay out a US route, starting in the midwest, that would roughly
duplicate the distances and directions of the UK event, like overlaying a map of
Great Britain over the upper Midwest and tracing the approximate route (with
adjustments). I would avoid freeways. Can a UK lister (or US geography hound)
provide me with the intercity distances of the major legs involved? Thanks in
Advance.

Bob Waid
St. Paul, MN (standing in for London? Edinburgh?)
71 Spitfire FK4081L