Poly diff mounts / poly bushings in general

To: spitfires@autox.team.net
Subject: Poly diff mounts / poly bushings in general
From: Kevin Rhodes <krhodes1@maine.rr.com>
Date: Wed, 23 Feb 2000 11:11:26 -0500
Hey gang,

Now that my new garage is nearly squared away thoughts are turning to the
various projects that need doing before Triumph season. First and foremost
is a diffy transplant. Freddy's current diff is about ready to spew its
guts onto the road, judging from the noise and the amount of play. I have a
45,000 mile unit in good shape from my parts carcass that is going in - my
question is what is the wisdom of the list regarding the poly diff mount
kits that Spitbits sells? Are they superior to the stock rubber mounts in
longevity? I would think so given the amount of oil that sprays around that
area. Do they transmit a great deal more vibration and noise? Also, same
questions about the other various poly bushings - steering rack, A-arm
bushings etc.. This is my daily driver in the summer, not a racecar, but I
want things to last.

TIA!

Kevin Rhodes
Portland, Maine