Re: 1500 head modification questions and others (kinda long) and getting

To: "Mostrom, Paul" <Mostrom.Paul@principal.com>
Subject: Re: 1500 head modification questions and others (kinda long) and getting longer
From: "Graham Stretch" <technical@iwnet.screaming.net>
Date: Mon, 21 Feb 2000 23:27:38 -0000
Hi Paul
I believe you are correct in that statement and I think it is all related to
the cylinder centre pitches. IMO the 1300 engine is the best of the lot as
it is big enough to pull the Spit and other cars it was installed in, and
due to the fact that it is as near as damn it square it revs nicely whereas
the 1500 has in my experience an exponential life curve in so far as 4000
RPM is concerned each second spent above this limit is worth approximately
1000 miles less engine life. The same appears to be the case with the 2500
engine.
YMMV.
Ps the 1500 was redesigned as for as I know, they made the crank case sides
bow out a bit to allow for the crank throw!!!

Graham.