Re: Club name and image my 10p

To: spitfires@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Club name and image my 10p
From: Thearthurhsmith@cs.com
Date: Sat, 19 Feb 2000 12:40:34 EST
It has been said that Triumph named the car after the plane. And the most
important saying from the war is when Winney said "Never have so few givin so
much for so many" I think that keeping the link in the club with plane shows
that WE hold respect for those who gave so much.

And you don't bloody well have to know so much about planes as what the link
is for the car and the plane and especially the pilots. Even though only a
few of the plans were Spitfires.

As long as the club logo, name and basis doesn't get ostentatious then we are
showing not lack of knowledge but respect for the pilots and their planes for
what they did.

  DAMN IT.