Plane vs car

To: spitfires@autox.team.net
Subject: Plane vs car
From: HD50EL@aol.com
Date: Fri, 18 Feb 2000 19:30:18 EST
For those of you on the list who assume that any reference to the Supermarine
Spitfire, or use of aviation terms, would be offensive to WW2 vets, why don't
you go find a WW2 vet, and ask them! You may be surprised at what most of
them will say to you. I have asked a few vets as to what their thoughts about
it were, and all of them thought it was a really neat idea. So here is what I
have to say about it. Membership in the NASS should be 100% voluntary, which
means if you don't like the connection the Triumph Spitfire has with the
Supermarine Spitfire, and WW2, then you don't have to be a part of it! My two
cents,

John C. Smith
75 Spitfire