Upholstery saga continues

To: "Spitfire List" <spitfires@autox.team.net>
Subject: Upholstery saga continues
From: "Jeff McNeal" <jmcneal@ohms.com>
Date: Thu, 17 Feb 2000 08:21:06 -0800
First off, thanks to those who enlightened me about the right-left
orientation of my Mk3 seats.  I had no idea.  Obviously, my upholstery guy
didn't, either.

It has become apparent to me now, that in addition to my driver seat back
being out of whack, the shop placed the wrong back cover on the passenger
seat, which is further reason why he couldn't get the driver seat to look
right.  It was bent, but he was also trying to fit the wrong cover.  It will
be interesting to see whether they will be able to remove and refit that
cover to the other seat now without ruining it.

I hope that this hasn't turned into a $200 "learning experience" for me --
or the upholstery shop.

I sure wish that I had some kind of inkling that the seats were "handed"
before I went into this...  Ironically, had I opted to do the seats myself,
I think this is something I might have noticed...

Best wishes,

Jeff