Re: Success at last!

To: "Banbury, Terrence" <Terrence.Banbury@dnr.state.oh.us>,
Subject: Re: Success at last!
From: "Jeff McNeal" <jmcneal@ohms.com>
Date: Mon, 7 Feb 2000 08:32:28 -0800
Terry,

You're correct to be cautious about letting your son let loose when he's
able to drive.  Take it from a former 16-year-old who owned a Mk3 that spun
out once, lost a wire wheel exiting the freeway, drove up rough dirt trails
in the local hillsides and got the front wheels lodged by the knock-offs
between concrete walls while attempting to drive up a narrow pedestrian ramp
on the high school campus!  It took three or four of my friends to lift the
car up to dislodge it!

Not only that, but getting that Spitfire at such a tender young age -- and
having to sell it two years later -- are what sparked my passion to have
another one for my 40th birthday as a project.

My wheels are still falling off, but I'm loving every minute of it! I'm
definitely older, but clearly, not commensurately wiser...

Rollbar, three-point safety harness and Joe Curry's camber compensator --
here I come!

Have a blast.

Best wishes,

Jeff in San Diego