Re: Spit hop-up

To: <RC1NUKE@aol.com>, <spitfires@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Spit hop-up
From: "Patrick Barber" <patbarber@home.com>
Date: Thu, 3 Feb 2000 19:29:24 -0500
I would look at a set of bifurcated tublar exhaust manifolds.  The Biurcated
exhaust is a exhaust which joins only two pipes at a time(The headers from a
Spitfire Mk II are of this type. Someone explained to me once that this type
of header has more even gas flow that the 4 into 1 collector you find on the
typical Spitifre aftermarket header. I have purchased the 4-1 header and
found that they do not fit with out a lot of "tweaking"  .  Rimmer brothers
sells this bifurcated manifold and they typically run about $190.00.

Patrick Barber, Allen Park, MI
70 Spitfire MkIII FDU89984L
Visit My Triumph Website at
http://www.geocities.com/motorcity/pit/7864/Triumph/