Re: Door Latches for MK I Spit

To: ~ <sharpc@interaxs.net>
Subject: Re: Door Latches for MK I Spit
From: Joe Curry <spitlist@gte.net>
Date: Thu, 03 Feb 2000 07:47:39 -0700
Chris,
I don't know what you mean by "Silent Travel" type, but if you are
talking about the strikers that mount to the B post, Moss has them.
However if you ask for them in relation to Spitfires, they won't know
what you are talking about.

You have to ask for part number 803-790.  They were used on several
Austin-Healey cars.

Last time I ordered them, they were somewhere around $30 each.  I go
through Dick Burger at the British Parts Connection for their discount.

I hope this helps,
Joe Curry

~ wrote:

> List-
>
> I've been looking off and on now for several years for  a source to replace
> my worn door latches.  They are aluminum and 36 years of abuse and neglect
> are showing.  These are the "Silent Travel" type and the "usual suspects"
> (i.e. VB, TRF, Moss) are no help.  I've heard a rumor that AC Cobras used
> this latch, but don't know of a source.  Since the doors no longer stay shut
> around corners and a bungee cord stretched across the cockpit is too painful
> to my pride, any help would be very much appreciated.
>
> Chris

 -- Dave Weinbaum in National Enquirer