Supercharging

To: "Spitfire List (E-mail)" <spitfires@autox.team.net>
Subject: Supercharging
From: "McKey, Paul" <P.J.McKey@massey.ac.nz>
Date: Wed, 2 Feb 2000 14:01:15 +1300
Hi all

I have a query for all you spit fanatics.  I'm just a young buck (22 years
old) and have just bought my first Spit - a 1975 1500.  I've been reading up
a little about Shorrock superchargers and I was wondering if anybody had had
any experiences with fitting one to their Spit (any year).  I understand the
(basic) physics of superchargers and figure that it wouldn't be an extremely
difficult job - I just haven't seen it done.

Anyone got any comments on supercharging a Spit?  It sounds like a good idea
in theory and I don't see it as bastardising the car as it was a practise
that was carried out frequently even since the 30's.  In fact many of you
have probably seen info on Shorrock superchargers before.

Anyway, any comment would be appreciated!!

Thanks

Paul.

Paul McKey
Institute of Food, Nutrition and Human Health
Massey University
Private Bag 11-222
Palmerston North
NEW ZEALAND