Re: New parts source

To: Joe Curry <spitlist@gte.net>
Subject: Re: New parts source
From: Alan Lemen <alemen@ftconnect.com>
Date: Sat, 11 Dec 1999 20:37:55 -0800
I just got my pinion oil seal today and brake cylinder kits from Harold on
Monday. Mainly as he is sort of local to me. It's cheaper than paying dollars to
have UPS or some other company ship.
By the way he told this morning me that his page of parts is incomplete. He has
lot more than what is there. He is also a really friendly and helpful guy.

Also I got to the point of unbolting the nut on the pinion and it is pretty big
(
my largest socket is 1 inch). I used the trick of using some of the kids' play
doh to get a moulding which measures about 1 1/8 inch (did it twice and measued
all 3 dimensions edge to edge) so I know this is pretty close.  Anyone know
exactly what size as it is noy listed in the manuals ( Haynes and BL) that I
could see.

Alan.