gbx parts needed

To: spitfires@autox.team.net
Subject: gbx parts needed
From: Gary Tash <tashg@bmi.net>
Date: Sat, 04 Dec 1999 13:09:36 -0800
I need the following parts for a 3 rail gearbox with j-type OD.  If
anyone has them, or can direct me to a source I'd sure appreciate it.
Parts needed:
    Top cover with all shift linkage parts (reference TRF catalog page
20, lower right)
    Shift lever
    Anti-rattle hardware (other catalogs call it 'shift lever pin kit')
    Gear shift boot with hardware
    Actuating solenoid
    drive flange (the OD requires a different flange than non-OD gbox)

These, at least will get the project moving again.  Its a 78 1500.  The
transmission went belly up and didn't seem to have standard gears in
it.  I eventually gave up trying to find usable parts and acquired the
rebuilt 3 rail gbx/J-type OD.  Unfortunately it was a "bare" unit, and
since it was a conversion from a later style gbx, none of the parts from
the orginal gbx are useful.

Before this the car was a daily driver and I'm anxious to get it back on
the road.
Thanks for any help.
-Gary