Re: Update! Electric Spitfire Project no LBC

To: spitfires@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Update! Electric Spitfire Project no LBC
From: "Ryan Smith" <shmitty99@hotmail.com>
Date: Sat, 04 Dec 1999 07:42:25 PST
Nice selection on the Hawkers.  That's the same batteries we're putting in
our Fuel Cell hybrid, 2000 Suburban.  Except we use 28 of them for a 336V
nominal pack.  We're getting the truck this month with the hopes of having
three ballard fuel cells working by june.  The drivetrain (my team) is using
2 EV2000 GE AC induction drives/inverters.  Each are 100kw peak ~80kw
continuous.  It should haul a$$.  I've got to go rip the motor out of our
Baker built, EV2000 powered ,C/K pickup and swap in an older style
straight-cut gear motor this morning.  Should be fun.

good luck

Ryan Smith
Drivetrain Leader, HEVT
http://fbox.vt.edu:10021/org/hybridcar/