Re: Thermostat housing

To: Joe Curry <spitlist@gte.net>
Subject: Re: Thermostat housing
From: Patrick Baize <speedracre@netzero.net>
Date: Sun, 28 Nov 1999 21:23:21 -0600
After about an hour of twisting and hammering and spraying and other stuff
I finally got it off.  I then unscrewed the broken bolt with my fingers if
you can believe that.
    I had a Ford van 351 aluminum thermostat housing stuck in January.
Broke the long bolt on that one also,  I ended up taking a cold chisel to
it and with a couple of hits with the hammer, came off no problem.  That
bolt I was able to take out by hand also.  The replacement was Cast iron.

    I will load this one up with never-seize when I reinstall it.

Pat 63 Spitfire ( Don't have to buy a thermostat housing)