steering update

To: spitfires@autox.team.net
Subject: steering update
From: "Ryan Smith" <shmitty99@hotmail.com>
Date: Mon, 22 Nov 1999 13:45:50 PST
Well after some suggestions I went over to my workshop and investigated all
those clamps and u-bolt things.  I loosened each and then retightened them
all.  This is not as easy as it sounds.  I have long arms and getting myself
positioned under there is a bit of a contortion act.

anyway the end result is my steering is now tighter but it still squeeks.
The squeeking is a result of the wheel rubbing on that last flange that
holds the turn signal and high beam stalk assemblies.  I should now be able
to grease it up or something to keep it from squeeking. Maybe take the wheel
off and re-seat it?

Also a new problem arose.  I lost both of those little screws that hold the
covers to the turning and high beam stalks.  they are small coarse screws
that mount at the top and bottom of the column.  Any idea what size they
are?

thx

Ryan Smith
72 Emerald Green Spitfire