Looking for ideas and suggestions

Subject: Looking for ideas and suggestions
From: "David A Templeton" <davidt@opentext.com>
Date: Thu, 18 Nov 1999 12:13:34 -0500
Now that the colder weather is settling in here in Ontario I am putting my
little '74 spit up on stands for the winter and so I can do some work on it.

One of the things I need to get done is to either fix the current tub or
replace with a rust-free one.  The DPO fixed the holes in the floor with
sheet plates and riveted/sealed into place.  The passenger rear quarter was
subject to the rust-worm and repaired with ( Ick! ), some metal and bondo.
The firewall and the heater box has very severe surface rust and flaking.
The holes and clips in the floor for the transmission cover are almost
non-existent. The door sill are showing signs of bondo patch as well.

In my mind I think replacing is easier than repair.  Comments are welcome.
If I am to replace where is a good place to go in the U.S./Canada to get a
good replacement tub?

Thanks

David A. Templeton
mailto:davidt@opentext.com

74 Spitfire "Spit-Six"  Comm #: FM10491U
using a '73 MkIII GT6 powerhouse
and suspension KF1951HE.
"The ultimate GT6 convertible  :-) "