where are all the old Spitfires?

To: spitfires@autox.team.net
Subject: where are all the old Spitfires?
From: FODFARTS@cs.com
Date: Wed, 17 Nov 1999 23:50:43 EST
Where are have all the old Spitfires gone, I own a 64 MKI and it is the only
one in SW Missouri that I have ever seen. I have been surfing the web looking
at all the Spit sites and out of all the ones I've seen (200+) three were for
MKI or MKII. Anybody on the list own an old round tail Spit? Don't get me
wrong, I like the newer ones too, but mine just has a look to it that the
square tailed Spits seem to have lost. Sometimes when looking at the goodies
section of the parts catalogs I wish I had a 1500. Also when it looks like
rain and I left the top at home I sometimes long for a convertible top
instead of a roadster, but that is part of the charm I guess.
                                                    Brad