how to finish hardtop ?'s

To: spitfire-enthusiast@egroups.com, spitfires@autox.team.net
Subject: how to finish hardtop ?'s
From: Toni Thorn <tthorn@comp.uark.edu>
Date: Thu, 4 Nov 1999 18:39:10 -0600 (CST)

I am about to finish the hardtop.  It's set for the paint shop, and I'll
do the moulding, seals, etc when the painting is finished.

If anyone out there has already done this (replaced all the window seals,
furflex, moulding, etc etc etc)  I'd sure appreciate any tips or clues!

For example, what is the consenus about sealant?  3M?  Permatex?  ???

Any tricks to installing the rear windown seal?

Be aware, of course, that I have  *never ever* done anything even remotely
like this before!

I appreciate the info!!

harve