to those autox-ing spits

To: "spit" <spitfires@autox.team.net>
Subject: to those autox-ing spits
From: "James Libecco" <jfl@neoucom.edu>
Date: Mon, 1 Nov 1999 17:21:17 -0500
I am starting into my winter of buildup and wonder what everyone else is
running in there autox spits.  Right now I am bone stock, other than a worn
spring I put in to drop the rear end.  My greatest concern is power and
gears.  Even with my wimpy 76 9:1 engine, I am running out of gear on most
of the (few) courses I have driven, wondering how I can manage a shift in
and out of third gear.

that's problem one.  now two.   If I go to street prepared, i read the rules
to allow backdating of the engine.  If so what is the ideal carb set up?  my
guess would be 1.5" SU's.  If so, then I need a cam, but cams are "must be
of original manufacture".  If this is the case, and the case is to allow
back dating of the engine, then what is the ideal cam to put in my engine.

suspension wise, I think I know where I am going for now.  its just getting
the power to put the handling to the test.

jim libecco
76 spit who hates getting beat by cars with 200% more horsepower in the same
class....