Southeastern Regional Convention

To: spitfires@autox.team.net
Subject: Southeastern Regional Convention
From: "Bowen, Patrick A" <PABowen@sar.med.navy.mil>
Date: Mon, 1 Nov 1999 14:34:57 -0500
HEY, for all of you that missed it The Southeastern Regional VTR Convention
was an absolute BLAST!!  Things went extremely well and you could not of
asked for a better put togethor show.  I was able to compete in a friends
Spitfire, and BEAT him by almost two seconds in the autocross.  I placed
second behind a Sports Six in the class.  I do believe I am addicted!  Took
third in Funkhana.  Saw some beautiful cars including a nice 1800 Roadster.
Unfortuneately there were not many spits out.  One in concours, four in
participants choice,  and one incredibly nice GT-6.  I had the opportunity
to meet Fred Thomas, great Guy, beautiful TR-3.  I would have to say I
suffered a four day list withdrawal. my nerves are just now recovering.
Wish I could of met some more of the great people on this list.  perhaps
next year.

Patrick Bowen