Brakes and MC Question - results

To: "'Spitfires'" <Spitfires@autox.team.net>
Subject: Brakes and MC Question - results
From: Nolan Penney <npenney@pop.erols.com>
Date: 29 Oct 1999 12:33:39 -0700
Take a look at a Vicky Brit catalog or TRF and you will see the part numbers
are different.  Don't remember the year change.

When I went to replace the bad master cylinder on my 1980 1500 with the master
cylinder from my 1974 parts car I had to swap the PDWA and all the lines down
to the frame rails.  All the fittings were different (metric as I recall on the
1980) and incompatable.  It also was reversed on front and rear brakes being
plumbed to the primary and secondary pistons of the master cylinder.  This to
is clear in the pictures of the Vicky Brit catalog as I recall.

If it were me, I'd want the primary cylinder of the master cylinder to connect
to the front brakes.  But the use of a device like the PDWA negates that.  So I
would also consider the elimination of it, and the incorporation of an
adjustable proportioning valve.  But again, that's just me.  Toyota makes a
dandy load sensing adjustable proportioning valve that is installed on the rear
of their trucks.  It could work wonderfully under a Spitfire rear end.