Window Regulators

To: Spitfire List <spitfires@autox.team.net>
Subject: Window Regulators
From: Ken C <kenwc@pacbell.net>
Date: Wed, 27 Oct 1999 16:17:49 -0700
Spitmaniacs,

OK, I didn't take pictures or make drawings and now I'm paying the price !
I'm trying to reassemble the window regulator to the glass, (took both sides
apart for cleaning and repainting), and there is confusion on the assembly
order of the regulator links (pantograph ?) to the glass lift. The manuals
are not clear at all. This sounds complicated...

The end of each regulator link has a pin that fits into a slide channel on
the bottom of the window glass. There is also a connecting bar that fits
between the two links. There are 2 leather washers that fit on the pin on
either side of the window slide. Each pin is held in place via a retaining
clip. The question is where does the connecting bar go in relation to the
leather washers ? Is the order;
    1. Pin - bar - washer - slide - washer - clip, or
    2. Pin - washer - slide - washer - bar - clip, or
    3. some other combination ?

I have vowed not to consume even one more beer until these silly windows go
up and down, all the way !!

TIA,

Ken C