Re: Mark IV Radiator

To: "Dean Dashwood" <ddashwoo@ect.enron.com>, spitfires@autox.team.net,
Subject: Re: Mark IV Radiator
From: Atwell Haines <carbuff@nac.net>
Date: Wed, 20 Oct 1999 08:19:11 -0400
At 09:16 AM 10/20/99 +0100, Dean Dashwood wrote:
> But for me, the fact that you're overheating at high speed and
>not at low speed sets alarm bells ringing.

Hi Greg,

I wasn't following this thread closely as I don't have a Mark IV. But it
has been stated several times on this List that you need the side valences
on the Rad to direct those cooling breezes toward the radiator at speed.

Are they installed?  If not, you could try cobbling up something out of
cardboard just to see if it makes a difference.

Cheers,

Atwell Haines
'79 Spitfire (with slant-rad, factory electric cooling, and no problems)
Succasunna, NJ USA