RE: Oil Pan Gasket

To: "'HD883HUGGR@aol.com'" <HD883HUGGR@aol.com>, spitfires@autox.team.net
Subject: RE: Oil Pan Gasket
From: "Simmons, Reid W" <reid.w.simmons@intel.com>
Date: Wed, 13 Oct 1999 12:49:20 -0700
I gave up on painting headers.  I found I had to remove the header in order
to get a decent coat(s) of paint only on it and not on other parts of the
engine.  Then I had about an hour (according to the instructions) to get
everything back together (without messing up the fresh paint), so that I
could run the car for at least an hour (again, according to the
instructions) to heat cure the paint at a temperature greater than 500
degrees.  If one is able to pull this off you get a really good, long
lasting, paint job.  If you don't the paint will eventually turn strange
colors and wear off prematurely.

Reid
'79 Spitfire (original owner)