Re: hood (soft top Joe) question revisited

To: "Terry and Fiona Cartwright" <triumph@inet.net.nz>,
Subject: Re: hood (soft top Joe) question revisited
From: "Sue" <suzie_bear@hotmail.com>
Date: Tue, 5 Oct 1999 15:17:23 +0100
The Mk IIIs had two types of fittings. Apparently the early ones had the
over clips but the later ones switched to the twist latches that go into the
frame.

I had trouble getting the right hood frame for mine as the first company I
dealt with started by sending me a Mk IV frame (which I already had, that's
why I wanted the Mk III one) then tried again by sending one with the over
catches.

I finally got one with the twist handles from another supplier.

Regardless of the type, I've yet to find one that goes up, or down, without
a certain amount of contortion involved!!!

Suzie
(still without her '68 MkIII)