Tach Woes

To: Spitfire List <spitfires@autox.team.net>
Subject: Tach Woes
From: Bob Norway <examiner@scci.net>
Date: Mon, 04 Oct 1999 19:26:56 -0400
All,

Still having problems with my Tach since I replaced the Lucas Electronic
Ignition with the Crane HI6500 amp module and Crane PS20 coil. (No dizzy
mods required)

The tach will not read above about 1500 rpm and when the engine goes
above that it actually will come down some. Seems (key word: SEEMS) to
work OK at idle RPM (at least my calibrated ear hears 800-900 RPM and
that is what the tach reads)

Tried using my Sears Shop Tach and get the same results. Even
disconnected car tach and tried shop tach alone.... no joy, same
problem.

Don't ask if I tried the old coil.... alas, it's gone to dumpster
heaven.... (sigh)

Any and all help/ideas welcome.....

Cheers,
--
Bob Norway
Rockledge, Florida
Home Page http://www.geocities.com/CapitolHill/Lobby/5953/mypage.html
ICQ# 3752712
***************************
Blackbird Association
Member #1263
***************************
Charter Member
TLCB - Thailand, Laos, Cambodia Brotherhood
http://www.tlc-brotherhood.org/
Udorn RTAFB Nov'70 - Nov'71
432 AMS/Autopilot
***************************
Member Udorn VFW Post 10249
Sawadee Home Page http://www.khonkaen.com/vfw/index.htm
***************************
Life Member Air Force Association
http://www.afa.org
Life Member Air Force Sergeant Association
http://www.afsahq.org/
SpitList
1976 Triumph Spitfire 1500
FM43376UO - Daily Driver