Re: Title question - & consequences-& civil disobedience and getting the

To: "Scott Hall" <sch8489@garnet.acns.fsu.edu>,
Subject: Re: Title question - & consequences-& civil disobedience and getting the laws changed?
From: Laura.G@141.com (Laura Gharazeddine)
Date: Mon, 4 Oct 1999 14:02:37 -0700
They make it more and more difficult to practice civil disobedience, eh?
(Which btw I was taught by my high school history teacher-Col. Rupp, God
bless him!)

This new California thing of them having their own smog shops and _making_ a
person go to them, and then -surprise-they fail and _have_ to pay what the
state says to bring up to smog code is such a ludicrous, thinly disguised
attempt at-for one thing-violating free commerce, and raising state
revenues! I know people with brand new cars who don't pass and are then
slapped with big bills to bring up to code. It doesn't just suck, it blows!
And I don't dee anything wrong in registering in a different state or doing
whatever one needs to do. Let the big industries bring _their_ equipment up
to code-and in the same gestapo fisted manner-and I'll gladly comply! ("Oh
dear, there she goes again on her 'big industry' soapbox!")

BTW, when one is on that intermible hold on the phone at my cell phone
company (I have to write down what it is I'm calling about-the hold is
sometimes so long and I forget!)-they give out numbers to call from one's
cell phone for information, emergencies of different sorts-and TO REPORT
VEHICLES YOU SEE ON THE ROAD AS GROSS POLLUTERS! (emphasis, not
shouting)-I'm always shocked and a little scared-what next-a number to
report people with democratic bumper stickers in a predominately republican
area? But I think I'll keep that number now, and everytime I'm on the 405
(or on the 5 going through the City of Industry)-I'll start calling to
report those oil company (amongst others) trucks.

Tee hee hee (evil laugh)

I'm done.

Laura G.