Differential breather (again!)

To: spitfires@autox.team.net
Subject: Differential breather (again!)
From: "Walt Fogle" <foglew@hotmail.com>
Date: Fri, 01 Oct 1999 12:23:56 PDT
Hello All:

Before I pose this question I want you to know that I searched the archives
using; breather, vent, differential, and various combinations.  (Honest,
Victor!)

I've topped off the gear oil in the diff on my '73 Spitfire and recall a
recent message regarding clearing the differential breather.  Would the
author please resend that tip?  Maybe not just for my benefit but also for
anyone else who might have missed it (or failed to keep a copy, as I did).

It's interesting to note that there is not a reference to this in the Haynes
or Bentley manuals.  (that I could find)

As usual, thanks for the help.

Walt Fogle
'73 Spitfire 1500