Spitfire in Major Auto Magazine

To: Spitfire List <spitfires@autox.team.net>,
Subject: Spitfire in Major Auto Magazine
From: Joe Curry <spitlist@gte.net>
Date: Sat, 31 Jul 1999 14:20:28 -0700
Hey Gang!

I just got my latest copy of Motor Trend.  It is a special, "50th
Anniversary Collectors' Edition.

One of the articles is on the various editors and writers favorite cars
of all time.  Although none of them listed the Spitfire among their top
10, there is a picture of a white Mk3 Spit on page 104, thus letting
everybody know beyond a doubt that the Spits are worthy of an honorable
mention.  (No MG's though!)

There was also supplement included with the magazine showing some older
reprints of ads and articles from early years of Motor Trend.  On Page
20, is a photo and caption of a Triumph 1800 roadster (circa 1949) They
like the lines but weren't too high on the power output of the 1800 cc
Standard Vanguard engine.

Regards,
Joe
 -- Dave Weinbaum in National Enquirer