Re: From Commission years to gearboxes

To: "William Davies" <daviesw@ecid.cig.mot.com>
Subject: Re: From Commission years to gearboxes
From: "jonmac" <jonmac@ndirect.co.uk>
Date: Thu, 29 Jul 1999 18:20:45 +0100
> None of my BMIHT certificates has any serial numbers other than
>Commission Number, Body Number and Engine Number. All the certificates I
>have are for earlier cars (pre 1963) - is more detail recorded for the
>later cars?

Bill - the detail BMIHT uses comes from a microfilmed copy of the original
production tally card that went with the car down the line in build. I've
seen many different versions from the 1950's - right up to the end. The only
thing which seems to change is the size of the card itself - the information
on it is a non-variable.

Jonmac