RE: Engine cleaning

To: "'Edward Hamilton'" <hamilton@ptd.net>,
Subject: RE: Engine cleaning
From: "Bowen, Patrick A" <PABowen@sar.med.navy.mil>
Date: Fri, 30 Jul 1999 12:45:30 -0400
The only reason I can think of is that the Haynes manual is assuming you are
not breaking the engine down completely and kerosene would dilute the oil
giving you a very poor lubricant, but I could be wrong.  As for the hunk of
puddy, I do believe that is sound proofing for the timing chain, you will
also find it on top of non overdrive trannys

Patrick Bowen