Re: Rear Wheel Wobble

To: "Victor B. Michael" <vmichael@enteract.com>
Subject: Re: Rear Wheel Wobble
From: Joe Curry <spitlist@gte.net>
Date: Thu, 29 Jul 1999 13:17:41 -0700
Victor,
There is one possibility (that I actually experienced) that is difficult
to detect.  It is the bent hub possibility.

When my Spit was hit in the driver side door a little over a year ago,
the force of the impact caused the opposite side rear hub to bend.  It
was obvious to people who saw it that something was wrong.  But checking
the wheel, rotating the tires, etc kept it on that side.  I finally
ended up replacing the axle assembly and solved the problem.

Perhaps that is also your problem.

Regards,
joe

"Victor B. Michael" wrote:

> Hello,
>
> Do any of you have any idea what would cause the rear wheels to wobble?
> This disturbs me. It's also something you wouldn't notice unless you're
> following you're own car.
> (an out of body experience?)
>
> TIA,
> Vic