interior colors

To: spitfires@autox.team.net
Subject: interior colors
From: PBowen9685@aol.com
Date: Mon, 26 Jul 1999 21:47:08 EDT
I am currently redoing the interior on my '79 spit (along with everything
else) and I wanted to go with a tan interior but currently have good black
seat covers.  I don't want to just chunk them (which is good because I can't
afford new ones) but I don't want to redo everything else in black just to
change it in 6 mos to a year to tan.  My car is currently vermillion (looks
like dukes of hazard orange)  I want to end up with a British Racing Green
car, but might intermittently paint it red for ease.  Has anyone ever seen a
car with mostly a tan interior with black seats?  How did it look?

Also, I have to replace my seat back cushions.  Has anybody ever made these
or should I just pay the $115 for a set of new ones.  Are the ones from the
usual culprits made out of the same particle foam that disintegrates like the
original.?

Thanks
Patrick Bowen